Sunday, March 29, 2009

Wassup y'all? Okay, well, you know how I said I'd make a blog a year ago? Well, I finally did! Glory glory, hallelujah! I'm going to be posting my favorite music/art/media kind of stuff here. It will be sexy and fun! Anyway, my initial posting of this has been very popular on the Indie Exchange (which is the greatest place ever). I present these unto you.

My 50+ favorite cover songs!
Tracks include:

Adam Green- Kokomo (with Ben Kweller) [Beach Boys]
Ben Folds- Bitches Ain't Shit [Dr. Dre]
Bloc Party- Say It Right [Nelly Furtado]
Calvin Harris- Stillness In Time [Jamiroquai]
Dr. Dog- Heart It Races [Architecture in Helsinki]
Emmy The Great- Where is My Mind? [The Pixies]
Foals- Hollaback Girl [Gwen Stefani]
FourPlay- Reptilia [The Strokes]
Gael GarcĂ­a Bernal- Quiero Que Me Quieras (I Want You to Want Me) [Cheap Trick]
Get Cape. Wear Cape. Fly- D.A.N.C.E. [Justice]
Greenskeepers- I Want a New Drug [Huey Lewis & The News]
Hellogoodbye- Everyday [Buddy Holly]
Hot Chip- Sexual Healing [Marvin Gaye]
Jim Sturgess- All My Loving [The Beatles]
Kaiser Chiefs- Golden Skans [Klaxons]
Kate Nash- Fluorescent Adolescent [Arctic Monkeys]
Klaxons- My Love [Justin Timberlake]
Larrikin Love- A Horse With No Name [America]
Lightspeed Champion- Perfect Situation [Weezer]
Lightspeed Champion- Xanadu [Olivia Newton John]
Lily Allen- Oh My God [Kaiser Chiefs]
Michael Cera- These Eyes [Guess Who]
Mike Bailey- Wild World [Cat Stevens]
Muse- Can't Take My Eyes Off of You [Frankie Valli]
Muse- House of the Rising Sun [The Animals]
Muse- Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want [The Smiths]
of Montreal- Tropical Iceland [The Fiery Furnaces]
Phantom Planet- Our House [Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young]
Placebo- 20th Century Boy [T.Rex]
Radiohead- The Headmaster Ritual [The Smiths]
Rogue Wave- Maps [Yeah Yeah Yeahs]
Rufus Wainwright- Across the Universe [The Beatles]
Rufus Wainwright- Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart [Judy Garland]
Saul Williams- Sunday Bloody Sunday [U2]
Seu Jorge- Rebel Rebel [Bowie]
Seu Jorge- Ziggy Stardust [Bowie]
Sparklehorse- Go (feat. The Flaming Lips) [Daniel Johnston]
The Blood Brothers- Under Pressure [Queen]
The Fratellis- Solid Gold Easy Action [T.Rex]
The Kooks- Kids [MGMT]
The Lucksmiths- I Started a Joke [Bee Gees]
The Mars Volta- Birthday [The Sugarcubes]
The Mars Volta- Memories [The Soft Machine]
The Mars Volta- Things Behind the Sun [Nick Drake]
The Raconteurs- Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) [Nancy Sinatra]
The Rumble Strips- The Boys Are Back In Town [Thin Lizzy]
The Specials- Pressure Drop [Toots and the Maytals]
The Strokes- Mercy Mercy Me [Marvin Gaye]
The Vines- Miss Jackson [OutKast]
The Vines- So Fresh, So Clean [OutKast]
The White Stripes- Walking With a Ghost [Tegan & Sarah]
The Wombats- Patience [Take That]

Found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment